Pak Mail Estimate Disclaimer
The estimates available here are provided as a service to our customers. However, as each custom packing and shipping request is unique, so too is each estimate. Following are some general parameters and considerations for Pak Mail’s Estimator. Please call 517-975-5750 with any additional questions.
- The prices estimated by this program are estimates. Your prices may vary based on the documented facts of the shipment.
- All shipments are estimated on a prepaid basis. No freight will move until packaging and freight charges are paid in full.
- International shipping estimates are not available on line due to the information needed. Please call the store nearest you or contact our logistics division for an estimate.
- The prices estimated here may not be valid due to extended service charges applied by carrier. Check with local store to verify a final estimated price.
- Estimates are not guaranteed until local store confirms weight, dimensions, and other pertinent information.
- Customer-packaged articles must meet Pak Mail and carrier packaging standards. The local Pak Mail store will inspect for compliance.
- The local Pak Mail store may require additional packaging to meet standards, which may require additional fees.
- Truck freight pricing can vary due to cargo density. Your local Pak Mail store will clarify discrepancies due to freight classification.
- Truck freight shipments may require accessorial charges from the freight line. These may include: residential delivery, inside delivery, stair charges, and the like. Charges for your shipment, and their explanation, will follow from your local Pak Mail store. If you require additional services, you may add them for the corresponding fee. The price estimated by this program is delivery to the tailgate of the truck.
- Large freight must be tendered on a pallet. Your local Pak Mail store can provide this service. Additional charges may apply.
- All large freight shipments must be accompanied by an itemization of shipment contents and values for declared value purposes. Failure to provide this could affect freight damage or loss clPak Mails. Your local Pak Mail store can aid in this itemization.
- These estimates are based on a one-person pickup. If the shipper is unable to help the driver load, or the weight requires additional manpower, we may supply the necessary personnel. Additional charges will apply.
- Truck freight is estimated curbside in front of the consignee’s site, to the back of the truck. Any additional delivery needs will incur additional charges.
- These estimates do not cover animals, hazardous materials, or contraband.
- Pricing and timing of delivery varies across zip codes in the U.S. Please confirm pricing and time commitments with the store.
- If assembly or disassembly is required on your item, additional charges may apply.
- If you mark a category or item generically, such as fragile, non-fragile, very fragile, or extremely fragile, the price estimated may vary.
- Pak Mail Centers will not guarantee plants or perishables.
- Shipments with multiple packages may have discrepancies in pricing due to shipping industry size and weight calculations.
Non-fragile refers to items that are not easily damaged or broken, such as books, clothes, and paper goods.
Items that are categorized as fragile are susceptible to damage and require more attention and packaging. Generally, these items will be packaged with bubble wrap, styrofoam, and/or other types of packaging materials to prevent movement and provide a cushion for the items being shipped. Fragile items can include things such as telephones, small picture frames, and toys.
Items that are categorized as very fragile are easily breakable and/or sensitive and may or may not have a high value. These items generally require additional packaging with bubble wrap, styrofoam, and/or other packaging materials as well as double box packaging (a box within a box). Very fragile items include items such as china, computers, stereo equipment, and porcelain.
Items that are categorized as extremely fragile are easily breakable and/or sensitive and will have a high value. These items generally require additional packaging with bubble wrap, styrofoam, and/or other packaging materials as well as double box packaging (a box within a box), and/or wood crating. Extremely fragile items include things such as artwork, high-value china, computer systems, and stereo equipment.